We hope that our posters were a part of your presentations great success!
All of team XEST would like to kindly thank YOUfor purchasing with us and supporting a local business in Vienna. We learned a lot at our first EGU and will make the next year's ordering process even more faster and hassle-free!
See you again at EGU2024!
P.S.: If you have a minute to spare we would really appreciate that you place a review on Google about your experience with us. Please search for 'XEST Nimmerrichter' at Google Maps or follow this link: https://goo.gl/UWgCwv
Our recent pricing table below will be also valid for EGU2024 - We will keep our rates the same, regardless of inflation & material cost hikes!
POSTER MAXIMUM PRINT SIZE = 160cm x 91cm* | width x height OFFICIAL EGU POSTERBOARD = 198cm x 118cm | width x height FILETYPE = PDF, POWERPOINT, JPG - 300dpi recommended *Posters sent as DIN A0 will be automatically upscaled to 129 x 91cm.
All orders come with free 6x push pins and 6x velcro dots. Photography cards will be provided at our desk.
Detailed step-by-step instructions & FAQ:
- Poster layout We recommend to layout your poster with the maximum size of 160cm width and 91cm height. Note for USA customers: that's 63 inch by 36 inch. This size will take the maximum advantage of the posterboard at EGU. Smaller poster sizes are fine too but one dimension needs to be 91cm. Please consider during the creation of your poster that you leave some space on all sidelines to avoid cut-offs.
FAQ: If you send your poster as DIN A0 it will be automatically scaled to to 129 x 91cm. This will be done by us for perfect results and does not need any action from you. We do not produce exactly as DIN A0 during EGU.
FAQ: If you want to have your poster as portrait format (which is not fully using the posterboard space), please layout with 91cm width x 118cm max. height.
Attention Powerpoint users: If you use Powerpoint to design your poster, it will have a size limit for the sheet. Please design your poster as 140x80cm and we will then resize it for you to the full print size of 160x91cm. We have prepared a powerpoint template for download here.
Tip: For a good readability you want an ample text size and clear font. There might be other participants that don't have the same good eyesight and you want that everyone can read it from some steps apart. Good text visibility is a key for a great scientific poster! Also for texts, sometimes less is more.
- Images As for images that are being used on your poster we recommend that you insert them with a high resolution. For example: We saw in the past that many people used logos of their universities that they copied from the university website. They might look good on your computers monitor but the final print will turn out blurry. That's because images on websites are optimized for fast loading times. For printing we need a good amount of data to get a clear printout. Please check with your university, if they can send you the logo in high-res.
- Poster file Now that your poster is ready and filled with great information you want to send it to us, so that we can print it. The best file type to send us is pdf. You can create a pdf-file from nearly any program that you use to layout the poster. Most commonly PowerPoint is being used. By selecting 'File > Export > Create PDF/XPS' you can save your PowerPoint presentation as a pdf file to your PC. Please take a look at the created pdf-file and check if everything is being displayed and nothing is missing. If you are unsure if everything was done correctly, please don't worry. You can send us your PowerPoint-File and we help you through this step.
- Final check You are all set and checked everything. Your poster looks great and has no spelling errors or whatsoever. Now that you are 100% sure that everything is final you want to take a small break (tea, coffee, water...) and check again after several minutes 🙂 We have experienced in the past that mistakes are being noticed shortly after the customer sends us the file. This is a bad situation for us since we want to offer a good experience to you but once the poster is printed it is (pretty) impossible to correct something.
- Poster types All set! Please scroll up at this page and you will see that we offer three poster types. One is called 'ECO Poster' and the other ones are 'MATTE Poster' & 'GLOSSY Poster' - The print quality is the same for both but not the material that is being used. As for the ECO Poster we use a paper that has a good balance between reliability, quality and impact on the environment. The paper is being produced CO2 neutral and is FSC certified. This might be the best choice if you don't want to keep the poster after the presentation and plan to throw it away. If you consider to take it home or archive it, you could also simply fold it together since this paper type is foldable.
Our recommendation for serious and professional appeals goes to our MATTE Poster with a very knit-free material. This is the best selling material for scientific posters. For example if you want to use your poster again several times this is a great choice. The material is very sturdy and offers a very elegant silk matte surface. If you have large colored surfaces, especially with dark colors this type is highly recommended vs. the 'ECO' poster!
Finally, if you want an eye-catching poster please consider our GLOSSY Poster. The paper is very glossy and thick (230gsm, that's around three-times of a usual office print paper) - The gloss texture is just like the photos that you have in your family album. Images on your poster will stand out even if we also use environment friendly inks to produce this. 100% solvent and heavy metal free ink!
FAQ: Deadlines The absolute deadline for submitting poster orders is 24h prior to the pick-up time of your choice. Attention! The ordering system for each timeslot will stop accepting orders when the 24h are reached! Our 24h deadline is tied to the official EGU poster upload deadline that presenters need to fulfill. As mentioned here: https://egu23.eu/guidelines/presenters/poster.html- § 'Presentation upload' - 'All poster presenters (regardless of whether presenting onsite or virtually) are required to upload their presentation file at least 24 hours before their session starts.'
So please plan accordingly that you can submit your poster in time to the EGU website and also to us for the print production!
- Pick-Up Times Please note at the very top of the page the time+dates where you can collect your posters from our EGU booth. There are 10 different time/date options labeled with a) to j). Please consider a time where you are able to collect your poster. We will explain the collection process further below in the text more in detail.
- Placing an order As you have selected the paper type, please click on 'Order Now' below the desired poster. You will be redirected to a poster order form. Please fill out your name, email and select the time that you have chosen to be convenient.
- Payment options There are two payment options. 'Pay Online Now' and 'Pay at our EGU Booth'. As for both options we accept credit cards. Visa, Mastercard and American Express. If you have already bought something on the internet the 'Pay Online Now' is the best option. You will pay the poster online by credit card and can collect it very fast at our EGU booth with less waiting time. If you never ordered something online and are unsure how to pay something on the internet you can consider the 'Pay at our EGU Booth' option. If you choose this, please come to the 'Pay and Collect'-Lane at our booth and our staff will help you to settle the payment for your order.
- File Upload In the order form you will see a box that states 'Drop files here, or click to Browse'. Please upload your poster file as pdf and/or PowerPoint here. You can drag the file from your PCs desktop directly to this field or please click on the text to open your PCs file browser. If you are using a mobile phone, please press the text. Your file will be uploaded and you can see the progress as a circle. Please note that the maximum file size is 35MB. If your file is bigger please upload it to a file-sharing service such as wetransfer.com and send us an email inquiry. If you have any difficulties during the upload, you can also send us the file by email to email@example.com
- Additional Instructions At last there is a field in the order form where you can send us any special requests. For example if you need an invoice with your university address on it, please let us know here.
- Payment Step Please proceed with an online credit card payment (except you have chosen to pay at our booth). Visa, Mastercard and American Express is accepted. Please note that the charge description will state 'XEST' and the amount will be charged in Euro (€). The displayed price already includes 20% Austrian VAT. If your credit card requires a payment validation (SCA/3d-secure) by your mobile phone, please have it ready. The online payment is secured by SSL encryption and processed by Stripe. You will receive the original paper invoice when you collect your poster.
- On-site payment We offer to assist you at our booth with the online credit card payment. Additionally we accept cash. Please have the exact amount ready if you prefer cash payment.
- Confirmation We will send you a short confirmation after we have received your order and checked your file. If there are no obvious issues we will start the print immediately. This can take a few hours and you don't have to wait for it, or request it by email from us when you didn't receive it yet.
- Pickup / Collection Please come to our EGU booth at the selected time. We are located at the foyer of Hall X5. That's right behind where you get the Tags for the event. For customers who already completed the payment online, please come and tell us your name or order number. You will receive your poster without any waiting time. For customers who have chosen to pay at our booth, please come to the Pay&Collect-Lane where you receive your poster. We assist you with the payment. We already thank you for your patience at this lane, since it could have some waiting time during busy times.
In general we will hand out the posters rolled and as-it-is. If you want to transport it further, please ask to receive a poster-box which we will offer for a small charge.
- Who is XEST? XEST Nimmerrichter is a local printer based in Vienna, Austria. We are proud to provide our scientific poster printing services to 2023 EGU! In the past years we have printed many posters for EGU participants and this year the organizers have selected us to be the official poster printing partner. Printing local with us not only reduces the ecological footprint of your poster, but also assures fair wages for all our staff & you support a local business in the hosting city of Vienna! We only use water based inks without the use of any solvents or heavy metals. We did not forget about the the last mile delivery, so transport from our (near by) production-site to the venue is done only with hybrid vehicles in order to reduce environment impact as much as possible! We promise to handle each poster order with the highest care and guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied with our services!
- Final Message We already wish you safe travels to Vienna and are looking forward to greet you at our booth at EGU 2023. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (24/7 fast email response) or by phone +43-1-33 275 88